Full course description
This six-week online course is an advanced Canvas course that will provide teachers a next step in using the Canvas LMS for online teaching and learning. Teachers will learn to use Canvas to create visual interactive homepages, enable and use the Learning Mastery Gradebook feature, build question banks, and use advanced features in Canvas Assignments and Graded Discussions. The final project for this online class will be a complete Canvas Course created by the participant that includes modules, activities, and "Canvabadges".
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Online
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Online and Blended Learning
Expected Learning Outcomes:
At the conclusion of this course students should be able to:
- Create a course in Canvas to use in either an online, blended, or flipped class.
- Build visually engaging and interactive content pages in the Canvas LMS.
- Activate and use the "Learning Mastery Gradebook" feature in Canvas.
- Create quiz questions and question banks that can be easily accessed and used in future Canvas Assignments.
- Implement advanced features in Canvas Discussions and Assignments like Peer Reviews, Group Assignments, and video materials.
- Add CanvaBadges to course modules for rewarding progress.
Students will share their online class in a short video and include each feature learned from the course during their tour of the Canvas Course
Policies and Procedures