Full course description
About Reimagine Teaching: The Next Steps
Teaching during the pandemic pushed us to learn and grow at a rapid pace. The reality is, we are not going back. In this course, we will re-examine some of the ways that teaching was reimagined during the pandemic. We'll also reflect on the knowledge that we had prior to the pandemic and how that helped us adapt to change. From there we will create an action plan to help us move forward, combining our strengths before the pandemic with our growth during the pandemic.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Online
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Digital Teaching and Learning
Prerequisite: Must be an active Utah teacher with school or district email address
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Reflect on how the soft closure in May 2020 changed our systemic approach to teaching/learning and how that affected their teaching.
- Evaluate five areas of teaching and school culture before and during the pandemic
- Create a plan based on best practices before and during the pandemic to address the five areas of teaching and school culture moving forward.
- Analyze Utah’s Portrait of a Graduate and determine how the five areas of teaching can support this vision.
- Access resources curated and produced by UEN during the pandemic to help educators adapt to the changing environment.
The Utah Portrait of a Graduate, aspires for students upon graduation to be "prepared to succeed and lead by having the knowledge and skills to learn, engage civically, and lead meaningful lives". Create an action plan, based on best practices before and during the pandemic, that will help you cultivate in your students three of the Portrait of a Graduate characteristics.