Full course description
Help prepare your students for future endeavors in both the academic and professional setting by developing a digital portfolio. In this course we will explore resources for college and career research, resume writing, and college entrance essay writing practice. We will conclude by learning how to build a digital portfolio to showcase student achievement.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Online
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: UEN Essentials
Expected Learning Outcomes:
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Outline the reasons students should use a digital portfolio for college and career readiness and what to include in a portfolio
- Direct students towards new resources for college research, improving college admissions writing, and preparing for the ACT exam
- Direct students towards new resources for career research, preparing for industry certification exams, finding a job, and writing a resume
- Use Google Sites or Weebly to create a web based digital portfolio highlighting student projects, coursework, writing samples and service projects
- Use Portfolium.com to create a searchable digital portfolio to attract industry recruiters
- Create a professional digital portfolio to highlight their skillset, accomplishments and accolades.
Create a professional digital portfolio including evidence to demonstrate your success and goal achievement over the past year.
Policies and Procedures