Full course description
About Create + Collaborate with Canva
On the surface, Canva is a graphic design tool that helps even the least skilled designer make beautiful graphics, presentations, posters, and videos. When you add in Canva for Education your students can use the platform to demonstrate learning through creativity, collaborate on group projects and receive timely teacher feedback. In this course we’ll look at how you can use Canva to create engaging educational resources and set up Canva classrooms to share Canva with students.
Canva for Education is free for all current K-12 educators. Inactive educators will need a paid Canva account.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Online
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Navigate the Canva for Education platform.
- Create engaging graphics, presentations, flyers, and other teaching materials using Canva templates, elements and app add-ons.
- Produce and edit educational videos using your own content and Canva templates, audio, and animations.
- Collaborate with educators on Canva designs.
- Design Canva assignments for students using your school LMS or Canva Assignments.
- Compile Canva resources and learning materials into Canva docs.
For the final assignment, educators will create a portfolio using Canva Docs. They will create a new learning resource, curate resources created during the 6-week course, and reflect on how using Canva can help them accomplish goals in their classroom.