Full course description
About Enhancing your Canvas Skills
Participants in this course will learn to augment and elevate their Canvas skills by specifically focusing on creating engaging pages, modules, assignments, discussions, and quizzes. This course will guide participants in designing an appealing user-friendly home page and content pages, logically setting up module progression with prerequisites and requirements, creating meaningful discussions, developing effective group, peer review, and LTI assignments, and managing question banks and using surveys in quizzes. This course will take what you are already doing in Canvas and make improvements by enhancing your Canvas skills.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Online
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Canvas Foundations Course or at least one year of using Canvas as a teacher
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Create an appealing/user-friendly home page and content pages that are accessible to mobile devices
- Demonstrate understanding of module design using prerequisites and requirements and logical flow and consistency to guide users through the course material
- Develop engaging discussions that use a variety of media to enrich course content and student responses
- Guide students to give effective feedback with peer review assignments and work collaboratively with group assignments
- Create effective LTI assignments with embedded material that enhance course content
- Develop question banks that can be used in assessing student learning and providing feedback in quizzes that instruct students as a formative assessment tool.
Create a 1-2 minute screencast of your Canvas course. A reflection of what changes have been made to enhance the course to make it more engaging.