Full course description
About Leadership in Educational Technology and Instructional Design
In this 12 week online course participants will explore strategies for planning and implementing technology integration (teaching and curriculum focus) at an organizational level, including examination of larger scale professional development models. The course will focus on developing skills for taking a leadership role in school and district technology use, planning, implementation, and assessment.
This course is limited to teachers in the Educational Technology Endorsement.
Credit: 3 SUU Credits
Course Type: Online
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Core Course
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Examine the leadership role of the technology director.
- Analyze, evaluate and become familiar with a district's technology plan by articulating the vision, goals and objectives.
- Recognize and discuss issues regarding digital equity in the classroom
- Collaboratively construct a software rubric.
- Plan and design a staff development workshop that encourages teachers to integrate into the classroom to improve student learning.
You will write a one page reflection paper on how you've grown in this class. How would you evaluate yourself? What were some gems you'll take with you and what are areas you still need some growth in?