Full course description
About Classroom Podcasting
Podcasts are a very popular medium for sharing stories, information, news, and opinions and have increasingly become a more important medium in our classrooms. This course is for educators who wish to learn how to integrate podcasts into their classrooms, both as a teaching medium and to create them with their students. Participants will learn about the different types of podcasts available to educators, basic audio recording and editing techniques, and how to publish podcasts with their students.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Online with required in-person virtual sessions (via zoom)
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Digital Teaching and Learning
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Understand how to integrate existing podcasts into their classrooms
- Explain the different types of podcasts and how they could be used to different effects in their classrooms
- Use basic audio recording and editing techniques to produce a podcast for their classrooms
- Use some advanced audio editing tools (Adobe Audition, Audacity) to create a podcast
- Develop a structure within their classrooms for creating and sharing podcasts with their students
Participants will create a podcast explaining how they use podcasts within their classrooms. This assignment will use all the skills from previous assignments.