Full course description
About Teaching in VR with Google Virtual Tours
The flex course will provide educators with direct instruction and experiences using Google Expeditions, Google Maps & Street View, and the Google Virtual Tour Creator to access virtual reality learning experiences for students in all grade levels and all curriculum areas. By using high tech and high-quality resources available online, educators will also create their own original active lessons to foster deeper learning in a virtual learning environment.
Location: Central Utah Educational Services
Address: 820 N Main St STE 3, Richfield, UT 84701
Date: Thursday, June 2nd, 2022
Time: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Flex
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Digital Teaching and Learning
Experience learning with the best of both worlds, online and in-person. Flex courses allow you to spend one day in the lab and complete the remainder of the course online.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Understand the benefits of using a 3D technology-enhanced tool or app by experiencing a VR enhanced learning activity led by the instructor
- Choose from a selection of Google Expedition Lessons content that can be introduced in their own classrooms or learning communities
- Access 360-degree images and media from a variety of web resources including Google Street View, 360 Cities, and YouTube VR.
- Capture and upload their own 360-degree images using personal devices or a 360 Camera provided by UEN during in-person class time
- Build a VR tour in Google Tour Creator to be used in a student-paced blended lesson
- Upload their own unique tour to Google Expeditions for use in a teacher-paced live lesson
Participants will be working on the final assessment throughout the online portion of this course. Participants will a lesson plan incorporating a VR tour in Google Tour Creator to be used in a student paced blended lesson and a Google Expedition Tour with teacher script for a teacher paced in-person lesson.
Policies and Procedures