Full course description
In this online course, teachers will learn how to use Utah’s Online Library to improve student research. Participants will learn how to use various databases to cite, organize, and research. Participants will explore strategies for using Utah’s Online Library and research tools to challenge and engage students and enhance learning. This course will focus on integrating the online research software NoodleTools into the research process.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Online
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: UEN Essentials
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to search effectively in several different online databases.
- Use and explain the purpose of at least five items from Utah's Online Library that are related to a common theme or topic and can be used in a learning unit.
- Develop essential questions for research
- Research a topic through the use of materials found in Utah's Online Library suite of resources.
- Design a research assignment in which students are guided through the steps of the information problem-solving process.
- Use NoodleTools and understand how to cite sources using Utah's Online Library.
- Use NoodleTools notecards for research projects.
- Create an online outline using NoodleTools to organize content.
- Share NoodleTools project with a collaborator as well as with the teacher.
- Create a NoodleTools dropbox for students to turn in their projects.
Complete a research project using NoodleTools and write a reflective paper on the process
Policies and Procedures