Full course description
About Apple Teacher Mac Badge
Apple Teacher is a free professional learning program designed to support and celebrate educators using Apple products for teaching and learning.” This course focuses on building skills on Mac “that directly apply to activities with your students.” In this course students will find the necessary links to get started with the Apple Teacher program, a thoughtful series of tutorials and resources, links for taking the Apple Teacher quizzes to earn badges, and a place to submit a final Mac-inspired lesson plan. This class will run parallel to participation in the Apple Teacher program. Although some supplemental material is included in the course, the majority of the content and all of the badge-earning quizzes are contained within the Apple Teacher program itself.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Massive Open Online Course - MOOC
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Elective
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
These courses are open-entry/exit with no enrollment cap. All coursework and assignments can be completed at the participant's own pace. There is very limited instructor interaction. This course must be completed by 12/31/2022.
Due to a large number of participants in these courses grading is done on a monthly rotation, usually on the first Monday of each month. It can take an additional week to process the grade through SUU or USBE. Please understand these expectations before registering for this course.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Create an Apple Teacher account and access the badge program
- Navigate the Mac Operating System to access applications, files and resources
- Demonstrate how to use Apple Pages to enhance student creativity
- Create educational resources in Apple Keynote
- Use Apple Numbers to organize student data and information
- Create an educational resource using Apple iMovie
- Create a GarageBand music compilation and demonstrate how to create applicable lesson plans in their classroom.
- Use several Mac tools together in order to support student productivity and efficiency
- Prepare a lesson plan for students that shows mastery of using Apple Mac-based programs to enhance student creativity and productivity
Create a lesson plan that incorporates skills you have learned from the Apple Teacher program. Your lesson plan should include the following:
- The lesson aligns with at least one Utah Core Standard
- The lesson requires students to create a product with Apple Mac apps
- The lesson plan includes a link to an exemplar product you have created
- The lesson plan includes an assessment plan with an accompanying rubric