Full course description
About Nearpod Certified Educator: Beginner
In this course, you will learn all the basics of Nearpod, at your own pace and the final project will result in your being named a Nearpod Certified Educator. Completing this course will enable teachers to utilize the Nearpod platform to deliver high-quality instruction easily. Understanding the basics of the Nearpod platform empowers those who use it to facilitate intentional and thoughtful engagement with curriculum through technology.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Self-Paced, Massive Open Online Course - MOOC
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Elective | Digital Teaching & Learning
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
These courses are open entry/exit with no enrollment cap. All coursework and assignments can be completed at the participants own pace. There is very limited instructor interaction. This course must be completed by 12/31/2021
Due to the large number of participants in these courses grading is done on a monthly rotation, usually on the first Monday of each month. It can take an additional week to process the grade through SUU or USBE. Please understand these expectations before registering for this course.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Navigate the Nearpod platform and home menus and access account settings to adjust to instructional needs
- Find and deliver a relevant lesson for their respective curriculum teaching standards from the Nearpod Library
- Design an engaging lesson and use formative assessment activities found in Nearpod
- Use interactive video and immersive learning tools found in Nearpod while learning best practices for classroom management when teaching with Nearpod
- Use data to drive instruction in real-time, access reports to inform future instruction and analyze how the data gathered from Nearpod teaching experiences can help students to engage further in instruction
- Use Nearpod throught the Canvs LTI or though Google Classroom depending which platform they utilize with students
- Create an original Nearpod lesson and become a Nearpod Certified Educator
Upon completion of the assignments, the participant will be eligible to become a Nearpod Certified Educator. This is the final project for the course. In order to apply, the teacher will need to submit a lesson that exemplifies the design parameters in the application. The participants may submit a lesson they have used in this course if it fulfills the Nearpod Certified Educator requirements.