Full course description
Apple Teacher is a free professional development course designed by Apple in order to help teachers integrate the use of Apple products in the classroom. This course focuses on using the iPad in the classroom. In this course students will find the necessary links to get started with the Apple Teacher program, a thoughtful series of tutorials and resources, links for taking the Apple Teacher Quizzes to earn badges, and a place to submit a final iPad inspired lesson plan. This class will run in parallel to participation in the Apple Teacher Program. Although some supplemental material is linked from the Course, the majority of the content and all of the Badge earning quizzes are contained in the Apple Teacher program itself.
Credit:1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Massive Open Online Course - MOOC
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Elective
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
These courses are open entry/exit with no enrollment cap. All coursework and assignments can be completed at the participants own pace. There is very limited instructor interaction. This course section will be open until December 31, 2020. All coursework in this MOOC must be completed by December 31, 2020.
Due to the large number of participants in these courses grading is done on a monthly rotation, usually on the first Monday of each month. It can take an additional week to process the grade through SUU or USBE. Please understand these expectations before registering for this course.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Create an Apple Teacher account and access the badge program
- Navigate the Apple iOS Operating System to access applications, files, and resources
- Demonstrate how to use Apple Pages to enhance student creativity
- Create educational resources in Apple Keynote
- Use Apple Numbers to organize student data and information
- Create an educational resource using Apple iMovie
- Create a GarageBand music compilation and demonstrate how to create applicable lesson plans in their classroom.
- Use several iPad tools together in order to support student productivity and efficiency
- Use several iPad tools together in order to support student creativity
Students will create a lesson to demonstrate what they have learned from the Apple Teacher program, and in the process:
- Download a lesson plan template from Apple Pages