Full course description
In this course students will find the necessary links to get started with the Apple Teacher program, a thoughtful series of tutorials and resources, links for taking the Apple Teacher Quizzes to earn badges, and a place to submit a final Mac inspired lesson plan. Each module of this course has a Mac program specific badge to earn and a reflection to complete. Students will submit both pieces in order to advance from one module to the next.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Massive Open Online Course - MOOC
Course Level: Beginner Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Elective
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
These courses are open entry/exit with no enrollment cap. All coursework and assignments can be completed at the participants own pace. There is very limited instructor interaction. This course section will be open until July 31, 2020. All coursework in this MOOC must be completed by August 31, 2020.
Due to the large number of participants in these courses grading is done on a monthly rotation, usually on the first Monday of each month. It can take an additional week to process the grade through SUU or USBE. Please understand these expectations before registering for this course.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Create an Apple Teacher account and access the badge program
- Navigate the Mac Operating System to access applications, files and resources
- Demonstrate how to use Apple Pages to enhance student creativity
- Create educational resources in Apple Keynote
- Use Apple Numbers to organize student data and information
- Create an educational resource using Apple iMovie
- Create a GarageBand music compilation and demonstrate how to create applicable lesson plans in their classroom.
- Use several Mac tools together in order to support student productivity and efficiency
- Use several Mac tools together in order to support student creativity
Students will create a lesson to demonstrate what they have learned from the Apple Teacher program, and in the process:
- Download a lesson plan template from Apple Pages
- Create a lesson that requires students to create a product with MacOS tools that also meets at least one Utah Core
- Standard in the subject area they teach
- Submit the lesson plan