Full course description
This course helps teachers find and create digital learning objects to support student learning using resources from UEN, including Utah’s Online Library, as well as online cloud computing sites like EDPuzzle, ToonDoo, and Factile. Participants practice 21st Century skills such as creating mashups, educational animations, interactives, games and more while exploring strategies for integrating digital media in ways that can increase student engagement and positive learning outcomes. Special emphasis is placed on the ethical use of source material.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: In-person
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Digital Teaching and Learning
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Find effective and appropriate digital learning objects, by evaluating and curating learning objects from multiple sources.
- Create online stories and animations, by learning to effectively use online media services like ToonDoo and Moovly.
- Explain how fair use copyright law applies to educators and the classroom experience.
- Create educational mashups by combining audio, video, images, text, etc. from multiple sources
- Create educational interactives (indluding games, puzzles, and other activities), by mastering creative tools llike Factile, Blended Play, and ClassTools.net.
- Make available to their students the digital learning objects they create, by learning to publish them on their teacher websites such as Canvas, my.uen.org, etc.
The final assessment for the course consists of the two digital learning objects that the participants will create and publish online.
Policies and Procedures