Full course description
Designed for educators who want to step up student engagement while tackling the Four Cs of education (creativity, critical thinking, communication, collaboration). Breakout EDU is education’s spin on the escape room. In this 2-day course, educators will participate in multiple Breakout EDU learning games, explore the tools and resources needed to develop their own game, and learn modifications for every age, ability level and budget. Breakout EDU can be used with all content areas and ages.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Online
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Digital Teaching and Learning
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Identify and understand how the Four Cs are integrated with the key concepts of Breakout EDU.
- Access Breakout EDU games and support resources through breakoutedu.com and online communities.
- Build a Breakout EDU box to use with any content area.
- Use a variety of manipulatives to create your own Breakout EDU game.
- Implement a Breakout EDU immersive game in your classroom
Design a Breakout EDU immersive learning game (traditional, digital, or hybrid) that could be used in your classroom.
Policies and Procedures