Full course description
This course is designed for teachers who are looking to modernize their classrooms with the Canvas Learning Management System to support a "Blended Learning" environment or teach an online course. Canvas is being used in Utah classrooms in a variety of ways. Anything from blended learning, simplified grading, assessments, immediate feedback and flexible schedules for students.
Location: West Jordan High School8136 S 2700 W, West Jordan, UT 84088
Date: February 5th
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Flex
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Online and Blended Learning
Experience learning with the best of both worlds, online and in-person. Flex courses allow you to spend one day in the lab and complete the remainder of the course online.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Create a "Visual home Page" or Syllabus landing page.
- Create two or more modules to contain class content.
- Create a minimum of one discussion activity to promote asynchronous student dialogue.
- Create a minimum of two graded assignments with at least one of them collecting student work in Canvas.
- Create one more quizzes that show an understanding of how to use at least four types of questions.
- Create a minimum of one "Canvas Outcome" that can also be used in a rubric for one of the graded assignments.
For your final assignment, you're going to create a screencast of your Canvas course while you giving me a tour. When you submit, upload your video file, and in the comments section, type 1-2 paragraphs on how you hope to use Canvas in the classroom
Policies and Procedures