Full course description
In this 12 week online course offers students an opportunity to explore more deeply the theory and practical applications and methods of purposeful integration of technology into the K-12 learning environment.
Credit: 3 SUU Credits
Course Type: Online
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Core Course
Expected Learning Outcomes:
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Choose research on technology utilization on classrooms and use this information to guide their work in educational contexts.
- Conduct research and theoretical foundations to evaluate, select, and utilize various technology applications to teach.
- Demonstrate familiarity and skill with a variety of technology applications, their appropriateness for different learning environments, and ways to implement and assess them in classrooms.
- Design assessments based on desired outcomes.
- Present teaching and learning tasks as well as productivity uses for internet-based tools.
You will complete an online portfolio as the midterm project for this course. The portfolio will be web-based and will include the following:
- Educational philosophy statement
- One artifact from the technology integration project with a reflection
- Transformation statement
- Presentation of your learning journey