Full course description
About Shifting School Culture with Canvas
This course is designed for administrators, curriculum specialists, coaches, and any other educators responsible for providing professional development. Shifting school Culture with canvas will support school administrators and instructional coaches who are looking for ways to support the transformational use of educational technology in their schools and districts. Using the Canvas LMS, participants will learn various methods to provide blended and personalized professional development and learning opportunities for classroom teachers, staff, and faculty in their learning communities. By the end of the online portion of the course participants will be able to flip a staff meeting, set up a Professional Learning Network, gather data asynchronously, and create an online repository for just-in-time digital professional development.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Flex
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Online and Blended Learning
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Create and run a flipped Professional Development Session.
- Create opportunities for asynchronous discussions among educators.
- Manage an online professional learning network for school staff.
- Develop a library of resources for “just-in-time” support
- Use Canvas Calendar and scheduling tools to manage events digitally
- Build a learning community communication system in a Canvas course
Creating An Online PLN with a Canvas course using Canvas Group Assignments and Discussions for teachers to collaborate on a project, presentation, or book study