Full course description
This course is designed for teachers who are looking to modernize their classrooms with the Canvas Learning Management System to support a "Blended Learning" environment or teach an online course. Canvas is being used in Utah classrooms in a variety of ways. Anything from blended learning, simplified grading, assessments, immediate feedback and flexible schedules for students.
Experience learning with online live virtual sessions. This flex course will consist of virtual meeting days and weekly online work. The virtual days will be June 18th, 23rd & 25th in which the course will meet virtually. At the conclusion of the three virtual sessions, there will be four weeks of online work that will include a weekly discussion and assignment. The virtual sessions will consist of whole group instruction activities using web conferencing software in which participants will have time for instruction as well as discussions and small group and independent work. (This is an interactive component, virtual sessions will not just be a 3 hour webinar)
Date: June 18th, 23rd, & 25th, 2020
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Flex
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Online and Blended Learning
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Create a "Visual home Page" or Syllabus landing page.
- Create two or more modules to contain class content.
- Create a minimum of one discussion activity to promote asynchronous student dialogue.
- Create a minimum of two graded assignments with at least one of them collecting student work in Canvas.
- Create one more quizzes that show an understanding of how to use at least four types of questions.
- Create a minimum of one "Canvas Outcome" that can also be used in a rubric for one of the graded assignments.
For your final assignment, you're going to create a screencast of your Canvas course while you giving me a tour. When you submit, upload your video file, and in the comments section, type 1-2 paragraphs on how you hope to use Canvas in the classroom
Policies and Procedures