Full course description
This course guides K–12 teachers and library media specialists through the hundreds of thousands of digital resources licensed for educational use by Utah educators and learners. In addition to gaining familiarity with online databases included in Utah's Online Library, participants practice applying the Utah library media core curriculum’s six-step process for information problem-solving while sharing ideas for incorporating research and multimedia resources into lessons and projects for students.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Online
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: UEN Essentials
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Explain the difference between information found in Utah's Online Library and information found through internet searching
- Define and Implement strategies for teaching problem solving (research) using the Big6 and Super3 models
- Use and explain features of the Utah's Online Library databases that make research and writing easier.
- Examine the additional resources in Utah’s Online Library and determine their classroom use.
- Create a research project incorporating the Big6 strategies and Utah's Online Library that can be implemented in the classroom.
Create a Wonderopolis "Wonder of the Day" Style research project using your essential question and information gathered from Utah's Online Library.
Policies and Procedures