Full course description
In this course, participants will learn what digital citizenship is, how to teach students to be responsible digital citizens, and how to talk with students openly about cyberbullying and other potential pitfalls of social media. Participants will learn how to model digital citizenship and develop tools and lessons to use with students of all ages.
Credit: 1 USBE or 1 SUU Credit
Course Type: Online
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Digital Citizenship
Expected Learning Outcomes:
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Define digital citizenship as based on the NETS Standards.
- Model and teach digital citizenship to students.
- Develop digital citizenship guidelines for a classroom setting.
- Create a plan to teach students about and demonstrate appropriate digital citizenship.
- Understand how digital citizenship has evolved.
Write a reflection on how your understanding of digital citizenship has evolved over the last six weeks. Include your previous understanding of digital citizenship, how as an educator your ideas have shifted, and how your classroom teaching will be different.
Policies and Procedures